Finding duplicate cell entries in a column of data

  1. #1
    Ellie
    Guest

    Finding duplicate cell entries in a column of data

    I have a spreadsheet, currently in a subtotalled format, of which under each
    subtotal I need to be able to find a way of discounting duplicate entries.

    Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

    Any help gratefully appreciated.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Finding duplicate cell entries in a column of data

    Hi Ellie
    One way would be to add a helper column .
    Assuming the column with the duplicated data to be B then in the helper
    column enter
    =COUNTIF($B$1:B1,B1)
    and copy down
    Data>Filter>Autofilter and on the drop down for the helper column, choose 1
    This will filter out all duplicates, and, SUBTOTAL will only total the
    visible rows

    --
    Regards
    Roger Govier