msgBox pops up twice ??

  1. #1
    Tempy
    Guest

    msgBox pops up twice ??

    Hi all, i am a little stumped with the following:- I have an input form
    that i have various textboxes and check boxes. The one box must be
    clicked before the other so i put in a long if statement and if none are
    checked then a message. the problem is if i click on the check box
    before the first one, is that it flags it and i need to clear it again
    so did that after the message, it clears it but then brings the message
    up again and i do not want to have this ??

    Private Sub CheckBox2_Click()
    If OptionButton2 = True Then
    TextBox3.Visible = True
    TextBox17.Visible = True
    CheckBox1.Enabled = False
    ElseIf OptionButton8 = True Then
    TextBox3.Visible = True
    TextBox17.Visible = True
    CheckBox1.Value = False
    Else
    MsgBox "Please first select from which year to begin " & vbCrLf
    & _
    " your tooling payments in order to continue", 48,
    "ZA-T-M-22"
    CheckBox2.Value = False

    I have tried both befor and after the message

    Tempy

  2. #2
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: msgBox pops up twice ??

    when your code sets the value for checkbox2, its fires the click event.

  3. #3
    Tempy
    Guest

    RE: msgBox pops up twice ??

    Hi Patrick, sorry i am a newbie at this game, that is why i put the if
    statment within the click event ? If i remove the "CheckBox2.Value =
    False" statement, the message does not come up twice ?
    Could you suggest how i could fix it ?

    Tempy

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: msgBox pops up twice ??

    Private Sub CheckBox2_Click()
    Static mReEntry

    If Not mReEntry Then
    mReEntry=True
    If OptionButton2 = True Then
    TextBox3.Visible = True
    TextBox17.Visible = True
    CheckBox1.Enabled = False
    ElseIf OptionButton8 = True Then
    TextBox3.Visible = True
    TextBox17.Visible = True
    CheckBox1.Value = False
    Else
    MsgBox "Please first select from which year to begin " & _
    vbCrLf & " your tooling payments in order to
    continue", _
    48, "ZA-T-M-22"
    CheckBox2.Value = False
    End If