how set view>zoom>75% for always

  1. #1
    Ian Elliott
    Guest

    how set view>zoom>75% for always

    Thanks for any help.
    My Excel zoom is set for 100%, automatically. I would like to set it for 75%
    automatically, is there a way to do that? I looked in Tools>Options but
    couldn't find anything. Thanks very much.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: how set view>zoom>75% for always

    The Zoom factor is a setting that applies to each worksheet and window
    individually, and is saved with the workbook. So any existing
    worksheets/windows will already have their zoom and there is no overriding
    setting that will change it. You could change it manually or through a
    macro and the new zoom will always be there for that window.

    If you want all worksheets in new workbooks to be zoomed to 75% you're going
    to have to create a default template with that zoom. If you search in Help
    on "Customize how Excel starts" it explains how to create a default
    template.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Judy
    Guest

    Re: how set view>zoom>75% for always

    Open a new workbook. Make all the changes that you want in your new
    workbook, view %, margin size, etc. Choose, File, Save As, in the new window
    that pops up, at the very bottom it says 'save as type' click on the arrow,
    scroll as needed, and choose Template (*xlt), then name this new
    workbook. To use this new template, choose File, new, then choose the
    desired workbook. I don't know if you can set this up as the default
    workbook or not. I have not wanted my alternate workbooks to be the main one
    so I have not explored this. Maybe someone else will have the answer to that.

    Hope this helps you

    Judy

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how set view>zoom>75% for always

    Judy

    To have the template as the default workbook name it BOOK.XLT and save into
    your XLSTART folder.

    When hitting File>New(not New...which brings up the task pane)) the new
    workbook will be based on the template BOOK.XLT

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP