FUNCRES.XLA file lost

  1. #1
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    FUNCRES.XLA file lost

    Hello Excel users and Experts,

    Excel 2002 SP3

    I am running AVG free edition and Norton Antivirus. (I don't know what AVG
    is but it was installed by a computer friend of my wife on her and my
    computer...while I was in Alaska. For whatever that's worth)

    I get a message that a file named Funcres is infected and do I want to
    delete it, so without much thought I deleted it.

    Now when I open Excel I get a message:

    'C\Program Files\MSoffice\Office10\library\Analysis\Funcres.xla' cannot be
    found, check spelling, may be deleted... etc.

    Also, I now remember seeing a Funcres something or other in the VBA editor
    Project Window and of course it is not there now. I went to Tools > Add ins
    > and the Analysis Toolpac was not checked so I checked it, hit OK and got

    the same message about not found.

    Question: What is it and do I need it and if so how do I get it back?
    Also, how would it have gotten infected by a virus, if indeed it was really
    infected?

    I know my way around Excel pretty well for the most part, but files,
    folders, programs and the rest of the computer world remains pretty much a
    place where I cause more problems than I solve. Not unlike deleting
    Funcres.xla!

    Thanks for any info,
    Regards,
    Howard

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: FUNCRES.XLA file lost

    Howard

    I doubt it was infected but it can be re-installed by using detect and
    repair on the help menu

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: FUNCRES.XLA file lost

    Howard

    The default location on a regular installation is in the folder

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library\Analysis

    There will be 4 files in the Analysis folder.

    ANALYS32.XLL
    FUNCRES.XLA
    ATPVBAEN.XLA
    PROCDB.XLA

    If not found there, suggest you try the control panel add/remove>change and go
    in and remove the ATP installation then re-install.

    Assuming you have the installation CD, of course.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: FUNCRES.XLA file lost

    Thanks, Nick and Gordon. I'll give that a go and hope to do no further
    damage.

    Regards,
    Howard

  5. #5
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: FUNCRES.XLA file lost

    Nick's suggestion worked just fine.

    Again, thanks for the help.

    Regards,
    Howard

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: FUNCRES.XLA file lost

    Thanks for the feedback Howard.

    Nice to know a simple detect and repair did the job.

    Gord