Excel 2003 - Selection Problem

  1. #1
    microsoft
    Guest

    Excel 2003 - Selection Problem

    These are the words of someone else on www.msfn.org with same problem as me
    (however, the answer give have not resolved the problem):

    I have a problem with Excel: When I select any cell, then let go of the left
    mouse button - it acts as though I am permanently holding down the left
    mouse button; i.e. it tries to select multiple cells. I cannot de-select the
    left mouse button and cannot access any of the menu buttons. The only thing
    I can do is right click on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and close
    excel - open it up again and have the same problem!

    I also get a similar problem when I select a workbook, the cursor changes to
    a page symbol as though I am trying move it, only I'm unable to deselect it.

    I've tried all the suggestion in Knowledge Base article Q307812
    "Troubleshooting navigation issues in Microsoft Excel",
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;307812, but to no
    avail. I've also run Detect and Repair in Excel.

    If anyone can help me, I'd be most grateful.

    Many thanks

    grahame

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2003 - Selection Problem

    Hi Microsoft,

    See the following recent post by Gord Dibben:

    http://tinyurl.com/dngds

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman