Why doesn't my =RANDBETWEEN function work?

  1. #1
    DanielWalters6
    Guest

    Why doesn't my =RANDBETWEEN function work?

    does anyone know why my =RANDBETWEEN(1,100) formular just returns error.

    ?

    I can't get it to work with any figures.

    I'm using Excel 2003.
    Sorry I can't give you any more information, I just can't get my randbetween
    function to work at all.

    I've tried going into INSERT>FUNCTION etc. but I can't find it in the list
    either.

    hope you can help

    Daniel

    --
    iPod's ROCK!

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Why doesn't my =RANDBETWEEN function work?

    Do you have ATP installed (look under tools>add-ins and Analysis ToolPak)
    If not install it (you need the office/excel cd)

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Why doesn't my =RANDBETWEEN function work?

    Make sure that the Analysis ToolPak is installed.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  4. #4

    "DanielWalters6" wrote:
    > does anyone know why my =RANDBETWEEN(1,100)
    > formular just returns error.
    > [....]
    > Sorry I can't give you any more information

    I'm sure you can. The other respondents probably guessed
    correctly (you need to install the ATP). But for future
    reference, at a minimum, you should post the error message
    that you get.

  5. #5
    DanielWalters6
    Guest

    RE: Why doesn't my =RANDBETWEEN function work?

    THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUGGETED INSTLLING THE ATP

    IT'S NOW WORKING

    DAN

    --
    iPod's ROCK!