Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Function key F2

  1. #1
    Raj Mazumdar
    Guest

    Function key F2

    The function key F2 used to allow me to go to the end of the entry into a
    cell, rather than editing it on the top text bar (just below the toolbar
    buttons). But is not working for me now... is there anything that I should
    check/uncheck to bring it back?

  2. #2

    Re: Function key F2

    Try tools|options|general tab.
    Check "edit directly in cell"

  3. #3
    Raj Mazumdar
    Guest

    Re: Function key F2

    tried that, Dave... it's already checked, still doesn't work. Thanks

  4. #4

    Re: Function key F2

    Sorry, I don't have another guess.

  5. #5
    Linc
    Guest

    Re: Function key F2

    Have you recently used F2 for some other purpose? Perhaps as a menu
    shortcut?

  6. #6
    Raj Mazumdar
    Guest

    Re: Function key F2

    don't know as this computer is used by many... is there a way to reset it?

  7. #7
    Linc
    Guest

    Re: Function key F2

    The only thing I can find regarding resettng in-cell editing was
    already suggested by Dave.

    Maybe your settings/preferences are corrupted. You might try disabling
    "Edit Directly in Cell" and then re-enabling it, perhaps closing Excel
    in between.

    Do you notice if anything happens when you press F2, either within
    Excel or outside of it?

  8. #8
    Does your keyboard have an "F Lock" key right after the F12 key? If so, press it once and that may return the F2 key back to the Edit function.

  9. #9
    Raj Mazumdar
    Guest

    Re: Function key F2

    yep... that did the trick... thanks

    "LACA" wrote:

    > Does your keyboard have an "F Lock" key right after the F12 key? If so,
    > press it once and that may return the F2 key back to the Edit function.
    >

    > --
    > LACA
    > LACA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30381
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499585