"Microsoft Excel can't display Clip Art"

  1. #1

    "Microsoft Excel can't display Clip Art"

    [Apologies to the group. I originally posted the following to
    microsoft.public.excel.setup where it seems more appropriate however
    that group does not have much traffic at the moment and with an
    urgent need to correct the situation outlined below, I am hoping for a
    more expeditious reply here. Thank you.]

    Office 2003 - Excel

    Yesterday in a Usenet graphics group I unintentionally launched a .csv
    file. When Excel opened the file the above message appeared. I
    cancelled the message, closed the file and deleted it. Now when I
    attempt to open my own Excel files the same message appears. Each
    attempt to enter data brings up the message. Excel is now virtually
    unusable until I eliminate the cause of the message. I Googled for a
    discussion or a solution regarding this and founded neither.

    The message continues "This feature is not available. To make this
    feature available, please run setup again . . . and change the feature
    to Run from . . ."

    OK, I did that but when presented with the list of Office 2003 Install
    or Change list I found nothing either in the Excel group or the last
    two auxiliary services groups that seemed to apply to this situation.
    Perhaps I might like to be able to include clip art in an Excel file
    someday but I'm confounded as to which feature to change either to
    include it or to eliminate this irksome message.

    Can someone help me with this, please?

    Sincere thanks.

  2. #2
    Check to see if you have an Auto_Open macro.

  3. #3

    Re: "Microsoft Excel can't display Clip Art"

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:50:55 -0600, rsenn
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Check to see if you have an Auto_Open macro.

    I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond to my inquiry
    however your suggestion is as clear to me as the message that brought
    me here initially. I am not as experienced with Excel as you are. So .
    .. .
    Check where, please?
    And if I have an Auto_Open macro, then what?

    Any clarification you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

  4. #4

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Check to see if you have an Auto_Open macro.

    There are no macros of any kind.

  5. #5
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: "Microsoft Excel can't display Clip Art"

    These may or may not help...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889885/en-us
    You receive a "Clipart cannot complete the operation" error message ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302375/en-us
    You receive a "Clip Organizer Cannot Complete the Operation" error message...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912675/en-us
    Error message when you try to insert a clip art image in an Office 2003 program...

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA