Closed Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Can't Unhide Column A & B

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Can't Unhide Column A & B

    Hide Columns A & B and now I can't figure out how to Unhide them. The
    obvious doesn't seem to work. Been here, done that, before but got them
    back somehow. Guess it's time I found out the right way to do it.

    Thx all
    Dave

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor EdMac's Avatar
    Exeter, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    1,264
    Hi Dave,

    Click on the top left square (intersect of Cols and Rows), FORMAT > columns > Unhide

    Ed

  3. #3

    Re: Can't Unhide Column A & B

    Some things to try:
    Window|Unfreeze panes
    then scroll to the left (maybe they were just behind that frozen pane)

    Edit|goto
    type: a1:b1
    and hit enter
    format|column|unhide

  4. #4
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Can't Unhide Column A & B

    Thank you both - both ways work -

    Now all I have to do is remember how to do it next time.

    Thx again
    Dave

  5. #5
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    Another couple of ways

    use the Goto command (f5) to go to a1 then select Format ?Columns > Un hide.

    Repeat for column b

    2nd Method

    Click on Column C header, whilst holding left mouse button down drag mouse pointer to the left, let go left mouse button and follow your normal method of unhiding columns

  6. #6
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Can't Unhide Column A & B

    That I can remember

    thx
    Dave

  7. #7
    Tampa, FL
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013

    Unhappy Re: Can't Unhide Column A & B

    I'm so frustrated , none of these work for me. I have been able to unhide these many times in the past, but I cannot do it in this current file. A-E are hidden.
    File is from another user, but it is not protected.

  8. #8
    Kansas City, MO
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Can't Unhide Column A & B

    Try resetting the column widths. I'm using 2010. Highlight the entire sheet (Ctrl +A) on the HOME menu the select Format Cells icon (mine is 4th from the right), select column width, set to 10 or 12. Excel Format.png

  9. #9
    Kentucky
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Can't Unhide Column A & B

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Hide Columns A & B and now I can't figure out how to Unhide them. The
    obvious doesn't seem to work. Been here, done that, before but got them
    back somehow. Guess it's time I found out the right way to do it.

    Thx all
    Dave
    I tried all of the recommended fixes. None worked. I clicked on top upper left to highlight whole worksheet, copied, and pasted into a new worksheet. The hidden columns were there

  10. #10
    Forum Moderator jeffreybrown's Avatar
    Cibolo, TX
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365
    Posts
    10,316

    Re: Can't Unhide Column A & B

    Hello HumanResources1 & Welcome to the Forum,

    As you can see, this thread is 12 years old, and as such, essentially closed. If you have a query, please open your own thread as per the forum rules. You can always refer to this thread within your own thread.
    HTH
    Regards, Jeff

Closed Thread