Excel problem Office 2000 Illegal operation...? Help...

  1. #1
    paul
    Guest

    Excel problem Office 2000 Illegal operation...? Help...

    Hello,

    Whenever I try to launch Excel I get an illegal operation Excel has
    caused a general protection fault in module USER.EXE

    and then the system locks up. Running WIN 98SE and Excel part of
    Office 2000

    I have tried a repair and still the same problem. Any idea what else I
    could try to get this to work? Right now rebuilding the machine is a
    very last resort.

    thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Excel problem Office 2000 Illegal operation...? Help...

    Here are a couple of links that describe how to find start up errors:

    Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

    And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp