Replace hyperlink throughout excel

  1. #1
    bnbbond
    Guest

    Replace hyperlink throughout excel

    I had to move an excel file that I have over 200 hyperlinks to specific files
    inside the same folders. The main hyperlink is common to all of the
    hyperlinks, I need to know if there is a way I can do a search and replace a
    piece of the hyperlink in excel. I'm using MS Excel 2003 SP1

  2. #2

    Re: Replace hyperlink throughout excel

    Take a look at David McRitchie's site:
    look for:
    Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks)

  3. #3
    haslamslane
    Guest

    Re: Replace hyperlink throughout excel

    Outstanding tip - I was fretting about changing 200-400 hyperlinks in a
    spreadsheet (because the server name had changed) but this script did the job
    in seconds.

  4. #4

    Re: Replace hyperlink throughout excel

    I'm sure David McRitchie will be pleased that it worked for you.

  5. #5
    bnbbond
    Guest

    Re: Replace hyperlink throughout excel

    This worked great for me also.
    I am having a problem though.
    When i do correct the hyperlinks, some of them go back to the
    previous way it was, or changes to some wierd format and I'm unable to use
    the links at all.
    Do you know what might be happening, or do i need to be more specific?

  6. #6

    Re: Replace hyperlink throughout excel

    Some people have said that if they change the hyperlink base
    (file|properties|summary tab)
    to something that is always available (C:\ for instance), it can help stop those
    links from changing.

    Maybe it'll work for you.

    But that won't help fix the already messed up links.

    I try to use the =hyperlink() worksheet function. I've never seen them do
    anything bad.