Multiple copies of a worksheet

  1. #1

    Question Multiple copies of a worksheet

    I am creating a workbook with up to 30 sheets. I have created a template in sheet 2, and want to copy that sheet 29 times for multiple users to them enter data into. It is rather burdensome to keep selecting and copying (w/ move to end) sheets until I have the amount I need.

    Is there a way to create multiple copies at one time? Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Mel
    Guest

    Re: Multiple copies of a worksheet

    Humm, not sure what you mean, but you can select say what you want to copy,
    then go to the tabs at the bottom and select the first page you want to copy
    to and hold down shift and hit the last page you want to copy to and then
    select one cell in the first page and hit "enter", that's how I do it anyway
    .....I'm no expert and someone else might have a better way.
    Mel

    "SirSFZ" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Multiple copies of a worksheet

    try this
    Sub copytemplate()
    For i = 1 To 29 'or InputBox("how many")
    Sheets("first").Copy after:=Sheets(Worksheets.Count)
    Next i

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Graham Whitehead
    Guest

    Re: Multiple copies of a worksheet

    Hi, this should do the job for you:

    Sub create_copies_of_page_2()

    Dim x As Integer

    For x = 1 To 39 '(will create 39 copies)
    'copy sheet two
    Sheets("Sheet2").Copy after:=Sheets(3)
    'rename the new sheet
    Sheets("Sheet2 (2)").Name = "Copy " & x
    Next x

    End Sub

    Just paste this into a new module, make the neccesary adjustements, i.e. if
    the sheet you want to copy is not called 'Sheet2' then insert the name of
    your sheet here etc.

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Multiple copies of a worksheet

    Manually copy first sheet.

    SHIFT + Click to select both sheets and copy.

    Select 4 sheets and copy.

    Select 8 sheets and copy.

    Select 16 sheets and copy.

    Not too many steps doing it this way.

    If you want to use VBA.........................

    Sub SheetCopy()
    Dim i As Long
    On Error GoTo endit
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    shts = InputBox("How many times")
    For i = 1 To shts
    ActiveSheet.Copy after:=ActiveSheet
    Next i
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    endit:
    End Sub

    Then you're going to want to re-name the 29 sheets, right?

    In original sheet insert a new column temporarily to the left of Column A.

    Enter 30 unique names in A1:A30

    Run this macro to rename all 30 sheets.

    Sub NameWS()
    For i = 1 To 30
    Sheets(i).Name = Sheets(1).Cells(i, 1).Value
    Next
    End Sub

    When sheets are re-named, delete the temporary column in original sheet.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Multiple copies of a worksheet

    to name the sheets 1,2,3,4,etc
    Sub copytemplate()
    > For i = 1 To 29 'or InputBox("how many")
    > Sheets("first").Copy after:=Sheets(Worksheets.Count)

    activesheet.name="sh " & i
    > Next i

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Albuquerque
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Multiple copies of a worksheet

    This worked like a charm for me!! Thank you.