Run-time error '02147417848 (80010108)

  1. #1
    Richard Smith
    Guest

    Run-time error '02147417848 (80010108)

    Greetings.

    I have a curious problem that so far is only happening under certain logins
    when running Excel VBA on my Windows 2003 server. The error is shown above
    in the subject line.

    It is occurring on a line of code that simply says:

    Range("B6").Font.Bold = True

    If I break the code at this line and then step through it, it steps through
    fine. If I then "continue", it breaks further down the road.

    If I let the code fail and then enter into Debug mode and I then alt-tab
    back to the activeworkbook, the activeworkbook is frozen. I can't even
    select any new cells. If I then stop the code execution, I can't even see
    any of the Excel worksheets any longer. I can alt-tab to them but my screen
    never refreshes to the worksheet. I just keep seeing the VBA Editor.

    This VBA code is interacting with an Access database using the ActiveX Data
    Objects 2.8 Library reference.

    I'm very suspicious that some failure is arising in the db or in the link
    between the db and xl and that this is locking up the worksheet. Then the
    routine call to set the bold the font in cell B6 fails because the system is
    locked up. What's curious to me, however, is why it fails here. There are
    other formatting related commands right before this font.bold command that
    don't have anything to do with the database.

    Please help?

    Many thanks,

    Richard.

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Run-time error '02147417848 (80010108)

    Richard,
    Various reasons here, from ADO, Access, HPageBreaks, OfficeXP SP etc.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...error+80010108

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...