+ Reply to Thread

Error signature

Forum Contributor

Unhappy Error signature

Our company has upgraded all the computers recently. Instead of using Excel 97, I am now using Excel 2003. Since then, one of my excel templates (contains macros) along with all the excel files that were generated using this template do not function properly.

Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error report shows:

Error signature
    AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 11.0.8105.0 AppStamp: 44ed0d35
    ModName: excel.exe ModVer: 11.0.8105.0 ModStamp: 44ed0d35
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 00039409

Any idea what it means and how to fix this? I don't want to recreate the template and transfer all the old files over using new template.

Thank you

This is worth trying, am not sure it will solve your problem but is probably worth having a go.

Open excel, go to -> Tools -> Macros -> Visual Basic Editor

When the VBA Editor opens, Go to -> Tools -> References

The computer upgrade, might have meant some of the reference libaries changed. I think if the Macro is dependant of a Reference libary, that no longer exists there will be a message saying ......[Missing Reference Libary], If this is the case simply, scroll down the list until you find the new reference with the same name.

Then try re-opening your template.

If this doesn't work re-post, i have another idea.

Forum Contributor
    If it is missing a reference library, am I suppose to see a pop-up window that says "missing reference library"? If so, no I do not see any pop-up window.

One evening when I was trying to locate the problem, the Excel file was actually functioning. However, that was the only time it worked. Any idea what this instability could mean?

Thank you

Forum Contributor
    Anyone got an idea I can try?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information