Closed Thread

Excel 2007 : Datetimepicker in Excel 2007

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Unhappy Datetimepicker in Excel 2007

I have noticed problems with Datetimepicker (from mscomct2.ocx) when I'm using it with Excel 2007. DTPicker is located in sheet. mscomct2.ocx is located in windows\system32 and it is registered with regsvr32 and registering is succesful.

I can add new DTPicker to sheet fine, but if I save the file and try to reopen it, DTPicker is not initialized (red crosses). Also reference to ocx is missed. If I open file to which DTPicker is added with earlier Excel version, reference is fine but DTpicker is not initialized and I will see red crosses again.

I have heard that this happens more often if Excel 2007 is the first office version installed to pc. If Excel 2003 is updated to 2007, it could work. There haven't been any differences between operating system. Same problem is with 32bit windows XP or 64bit Windows 7.

Any ideas why DTPicker is not initializing fine when it is already saved to file?

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Re: Datetimepicker in Excel 2007

Pesi,

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? I have a user who is currently having the same problem. They are able to go into design mode and add a DatePicker to the spreadsheet. When they exit design mode, the datepicker functions correctly. However, if they save, and then re-load the spreadsheet, the datepicker control does not load and display correctly. A red "x" is displayed where the control should be. They are using Excel 2007, and I believe the DatePicker control is the "Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP4)".

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003 & 2007

Re: Datetimepicker in Excel 2007

Pegasus40218,

Welcome to the Forum, unfortunately:

Your post does not comply with Rule 2 of our Forum RULES. Don't post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own thread. If you feel it's particularly relevant, provide a link to the other thread. It makes sense to have a new thread for your question because a thread with numerous replies can be off putting & difficult to pick out relevant replies.
    If I have helped, Don't forget to add to my reputation (click on the star below the post)
    Don't forget to mark threads as "Solved" (Thread Tools->Mark thread as Solved)
    Use code tags when posting your VBA code: [code] Your code here [/code]

Closed Thread

Thread Information