+ Reply to Thread

Excel 2007 : Don't know how to title this question... ?

ElijahMrE

Don't know how to title this question... ?

Let me start by thanking you for reading this post and offering to help!

In the same file, I have a worksheet populated by a report. On the next worksheet, I pull data to make it easier to read.

I pull the max number from a selection of cells and have the result populate the cell. For instance:

Cell F3 =MAX(ScoreCard!F20:F33)
    Now, what I would like is for next cell (G3, in this case) to pull the data from the first column & first cell of the Max row. So that if MAX from worksheet Scorecard is F32, it will pull A32 and populate.

Please, note... the Max will not always be on the same row... so tomorrow, MAX may be F23... or F30... In which case I would need to pull A23 or A30

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by ElijahMrE; 08-28-2010 at 10:27 AM.

MS-Off Ver
    Xp; 2007; 2010

Re: Don't know how to title this question... ?

Your post does not comply with Rule 1 of our Forum RULES. Your post title should accurately and concisely describe your problem, not your anticipated solution. Use terms appropriate to a Google search. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will be addressed according to the OP's experience in the forum: If you have less than 10 posts, expect (and respond to) a request to change your thread title. If you have 10 or more posts, expect your post to be locked, so you can start a new thread with an appropriate title.
    To change a Title on your post, click EDIT then Go Advanced and change your title, if 2 days have passed ask a moderator to do it for you.

You haven't even tried
    Hope that helps.

RoyUK
    --------
    For Excel Tips & Solutions, free examples and tutorials why not check out my web site

Free DataBaseForm example

ElijahMrE

Quote Originally Posted by royUK View Post
    You haven't even tried
    Get over yourself, buddy...

If I knew how to properly title the post, I would have.... Hence, the current title of the post...

Have a better day!
    Last edited by ElijahMrE; 08-28-2010 at 11:14 AM.

MS-Off Ver
    Xp; 2007; 2010

Don't post then, and I'm not your buddy. The rules apply to everyone

ElijahMrE

Quote Originally Posted by royUK View Post
    Don't post then, and I'm not your buddy. The rules apply to everyone
    Aw, you're not?! I was so hoping you would be!! I think I might need to run off and delete my account from how hurt I am! Feel free to do it for me, tho... as this has been a great waste of time.

As always, have a better day!

MS-Off Ver
    2010, 2016, Office 365

Elijah, two simple choices here:

"I need help, I found this forum with 100s of knowledgeable people willing to help for free, but I can't be bothered to read and follow some simple rules that give me access to this free help forever. Also, I do not respect simple instructions from people in authority, I don't like people telling me what to do, so I think I'll **** away this free resource forever. Yeah, I'm that smart."

or....

"Sorry, my bad, let me take another shot at titling that first post now that I've written out my whole question, I can probably do better, and the rules say I have to so that's the least I can do. Thanks for helping me get started around here on the right foot, Roy. I look forward to all the help available here, maybe I can give back, too, someday."

Seems obvious to me. This forum is far from a waste of time.
    Last edited by JBeaucaire; 08-29-2010 at 06:17 AM.

If you've been given good help, use the icon below to give reputation feedback, it is appreciated.
    Always put your code between code tags. [CODE] your code here [/CODE]

?None of us is as good as all of us? - Ray Kroc
    ?Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist.? - JB (little ones count!)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information