+ Reply to Thread

Sparkline visible as column but not as line

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Sparkline visible as column but not as line

I've finally found a good application for sparklines and I was playing around with formatting. I created a simple 4 data point sparkline and the cell where I put it is was blank. If I selected markers it would show them but no line. If I changed to a column sparkline it was totally visible.

Any suggestions?

MS-Off Ver
    1997 - 2016

Re: Sparkline visible as column but not as line

Hi Jeftom,

Welcome to the forum.

"application for sparklines" ?? are you talking about some excel application?
    Post a sample file.. thanks.

Regards,
    DILIPandey

<click on below 'star' if this helps>
    DILIPandey, Excel rMVP
    +919810929744 (India), +971528225509 (Dubai), [email protected]

MS-Off Ver
    O365

Excel 2010 now has built-in sparklines.
    As DILIPandey suggests, post example file to illustrate your problem
    Cheers
    Andy
    www.andypope.info

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Thanks. I should have phrased that as "a good use for the built in sparklines in Excel 2010". I'm a newbie so I'm not sure what a sample file is. The file I'm working on is a bit too large and confidential to post but let me attempt to explain again.

I put in 4 columns of data on a single row and in the next cell in the row I put in a sparkline using the 4 cells of data as the range. If I chose the sparkline column format the 4 columns show up quite nicely. However if I change it to a sparkline line graph format no line appears. If I add the markers, the markers appear but sill no line. There's probably something very simple I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Jeff

MS-Off Ver
    O365

A example file is a small workbook containing non confidential data that demonstrates the problem you are having.

As the norm is for the sparkline to appear us just entering 4 values in cells will unlikely create the problem you are seeing. Therefore we need an example.

MS-Off Ver
    Mac: Office 2011, Windows: Office 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jefftom View Post
    Thanks. I should have phrased that as "a good use for the built in sparklines in Excel 2010". I'm a newbie so I'm not sure what a sample file is. The file I'm working on is a bit too large and confidential to post but let me attempt to explain again.

I put in 4 columns of data on a single row and in the next cell in the row I put in a sparkline using the 4 cells of data as the range. If I chose the sparkline column format the 4 columns show up quite nicely. However if I change it to a sparkline line graph format no line appears. If I add the markers, the markers appear but sill no line. There's probably something very simple I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    Just came across your inquiries on sparkline, but I bet you already figured that out. Just to share the answer for future references.

In the sparkline tab --> under data group --> right click edit --> select option "connect data points with line" as shown in figure below:

Screen Shot 2013-04-22 at 22.04.24.jpg

Bear in mind, option that I just shown is via Mac -- bet it pretty much similar with Windows.

Hope this helps.

-Zeenaida-

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information