+ Reply to Thread

If sheet1 cell contains specific text, copy text from *different* sheet1 cell to sheet2

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

If sheet1 cell contains specific text, copy text from *different* sheet1 cell to sheet2

I may be asking too much, but is there a formula (seems like I should be able to use an IF THEN) that will do the following:
    - check a range of cells on sheet1 (F2:F30) and find cells where text=firstname
    - if text=firstname, then copy text from corresponding row, DIFFERENT column (C) and paste to sheet2

Basically, I have two sheets in my workbook. On Sheet1 is a list of projects (column C) and the point person's name (column F)
    On Sheet2 is a list of point person names (column A) and I want to copy over (into column B, Sheet2) the name of each project to which the person has been assigned on Sheet1

This probably also requires a macro to add rows, and that is why I stated at the beginning that I may be asking too much.

thanks very much for any ideas!
    Last edited by nikkiL; 04-16-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: changed cell references in post to match example file uploaded

MS-Off Ver
    MS 365

Re: If sheet1 cell contains specific text, copy text from *different* sheet1 cell to sheet

Supply a sample workbook.
    Upload a workbook

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Re: If sheet1 cell contains specific text, copy text from *different* sheet1 cell to sheet

Sorry about that! Here's an example.
    Forum Example.xlsx

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information