+ Reply to Thread

cross checking paycheck with personal records- multiple jobs, gratuities, etc.

MS-Off Ver
    OO

cross checking paycheck with personal records- multiple jobs, gratuities, etc.

I just started working at a restaurant and word going around is their payroll accounting is horrid.
    I looked back at my last two paychecks and have noticed major discrepancies and have decided to go hardcore in recording my hours worked, gratuities, etc.
    I can understand how the payroll accounting has a difficult task because there is only one clock-in station, and employees' jobs can change midday which would not reflect their scheduled job; if they are not informed of the job switch, pay rate isn't switched and can easily be overlooked.
    I've had that problem already, so I'm trying to solve it...

I currently have 5 sheets set up: "Training", "Bussing", "Banquet", "Houseman", and "Total Hours".
    Each sheet has the same layout with dated weeks labeling the rows, and the columns labeled Friday-Thursday (reflecting the pay period) and four cells under each day with punch in, break out, break in, punch out.

What I'm trying to do is feed the data from all the sheets into "Total Hours" and if they overlap have an error come up or something.
    In theory, I think I need to VLookup multiple sheets and make sure they don't overlap. Can't figure it out.

Once I do that I can reflect the "Total Earnings" line of my paycheck with the hours. Each sheet has the sum of the respective hours per pay period and I can multiply the hours by the rate and have current total earnings per job and eventually construct a sheet called "Total Hourly Earnings".

I also have noticed the gratuities portion has been significantly low. My paycheck has two sections for gratuities, one based on banquet and the other on bussing (a Server sheet will be added once I start serving).

Banquet is based on a portion of total gratuities amongst all banquet servers, and I'd like to calculate the portion the house takes based on # of servers and total initial gratuities; that is, if they're willing to disclose that.
    Secondly, servers are advised to tip 4% of sales or more and I busted my butt this last paycheck and it seems rather low. So something on my paycheck is wrong, either the house is taking it when they shouldn't, the servers aren't tipping out right, etc.; so I would like to backwardsly find out what total server sales should have been and request that number as well.

Any help would be appreciated, and if it all works out I'd be glad to share my template.

MS-Off Ver
    MS 365

Re: cross checking paycheck with personal records- multiple jobs, gratuities, etc.

You need to attach a sample workbook for anybody to understand
    Attach a workbook

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information