+ Reply to Thread

Excel 2007 : Drop Down Lists Displaced After Filtering

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Drop Down Lists Displaced After Filtering

I created Drop-Down lists with data validation which by condition end up setting the values of the cells next to them.

For example, C2 has 3 values in a drop down list, and depending on the value or chosen option for C2, D2 is modified.

The problem is that when I filter a list that has drop down lists in it. D2 can be changed to D10, D29, etc, depending on the filter. The problem is the drop down list stays in C2. What I need is for the drop down list to move with the whole rown when it is moved in filtering. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Kusac

MS-Off Ver
    Office 2019 (still learning)

Re: Drop Down Lists Displaced After Filtering

Why don't you insert some blank rows above your headers and then set up the drop-downs in that area? Set up Freeze Panes so that they are visible above the rest of the filtered data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Mainly because the dropdwons are not for the whole document, they are for a specific row that moves with filtering, but the drop down stays on the rown that was created instead of staying with all the other information on the row żIs there another way to create a drop down, or something similar to drop down that will stay with its row?

For example I have different tours or outdoor activities for a hotel or tour agency, but the price per person gets modified by the number of people that one is signing up for the tour. So there needs to be a drop down or a way to choose how many people to sign up, so it gives you the right price. The tours dont all have the same standars for amounts of people, some may require a minimum of 4 and max of 10, having options from 4 to 10, and another from 5 to 9. I tried it with a dynamic pivot, but the problem there was that the tours that have no specified capacity end up with a ton of usless trash information added. Hence that is the reason a drop down would be perfect, but when filtering the drop down it stays at the coordinates it was created on and does not move with the whole row.
    Last edited by kusacw; 04-27-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: completing information

MS-Off Ver
    Office 2019 (still learning)

I don't really understand what your problem is. Perhaps you could post an example workbook to try to make things a bit clearer.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information