+ Reply to Thread

ClassFactory cannot supply requested class - ListView error on different machine

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007 & 2010

ClassFactory cannot supply requested class - ListView error on different machine

Hi and Happy New Year,

I have a userform that's using ListView to retrieve data from a worksheet. Everything works fine at work, but at home I cannot access the ListView control. At work my machine is running Windows7 and Office 2010, my machine at home is running XP and Office 2007. I'm fairly convinced it's some sort of compatibility issue stemming from the MSCOMCTL.ocx file, but am yet to rectify the issue.

When I initially ran my userform at home, the reference library said Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6) was missing. I think I have rectified that problem and now have that reference selected. I've also added the ListView control to my toolbox via additional controls, but when I try to place the control on my userform, I get the error mentioned in my thread title.

My machine at home has the MSCOMCTL.ocx and MSCOMCT2.ocx files in the System32 folder. I've unregistered and re-registered both files via the run cmd, but I still cannot get ListView to work at home. What else could be the problem here? I was so excited to work today (I know it's a holiday, but whatever ) and now I'm at a stand still because my form isn't functioning properly. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem?
    Last edited by VBA FTW; 01-01-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007 (home) & 2010 (office)

Re: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class - ListView error on different machine

I am fairly sure you have made a typo in your problem description, but you have performed the following action, right?

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMCTL.OCX
    If you like my contribution click the star icon!

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007 & 2010

Re: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class - ListView error on different machine

I did mistype MSCOMCTL in my OP, but yes, I have performed that action. A message pops up and says the registration succeeded, but I still get the error when trying to place the control on my form.

I forgot to add 1 detail in my OP. Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6) is not listed in my references. However, if I click 'Browse' and select the MSCOMCTL.ocx file it then appears in my list of references and is selected. If I deselect the option and re-open the references pane, the control is no longer listed and I have to manually add it through Browse again, but even when I do this, I still can't place the ListView control on my form even though it appears on my toolbox
    Last edited by VBA FTW; 01-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007 & 2010

Can somebody please help me with this? I still cannot get ListView to work. I just got a new laptop today, and ListView won't work on it either. My new laptop is running Windows 8/Office 2010 32 bit. The error I'm getting on my new laptop is "Cannot load object because it is not available on this machine." But the object IS available on my machine. The Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0(SP6) is available and selected as a reference. The MSCOMCTL.ocx file is stored in the SysWOW64 folder, and I have registered it as an admin. What gives? Why won't this control work? I'm tearing my hair out here...please help

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information