Hyperlinks to files on network drivers

  1. #1
    Fornol
    Guest

    Hyperlinks to files on network drivers

    Hello,

    I have a problems with creation of hyperlinks to files on
    company network drivers.

    I have a name for a link in a cell. Than I follow routine
    and press hyperlink button, etc. Pressing OK and created.
    It works.

    After an Excel file is closed and reopened it does not
    work. When I try edit hyperlink I can see something like
    this: '../../../../Groups/EEDS/COMMON/QUALITY...'. In my
    situation 'G:/EEDS/...' is replaced
    with '../../../../Groups/EEDS/...'.

    What is going on? Where did those dots and slashes come
    from?

    Thank you for your help.

    Regards,

    Fornol

  2. #2
    cwilson
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlinks to files on network drivers

    Not sure if this the problem, but the following caused me some problems last
    week:

    The drive that you see "G:\" may not be the actual drive address. For
    example, my L:\ drive is actually \\usatlc03\APPM-SYS\ on the network.

  3. #3

    Hyperlinks to files on network drives

    I have exactly the same problem...has anyone out there an answer for this.
    Thanks

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlinks to files on network drivers

    Have you tried the hyperlink function? Do you have the same problem with
    that?

    "Garry41" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...