Check Box Status

  1. #1
    Tom
    Guest

    Check Box Status

    I have about 10 Check Boxes on a sheet that I built using the Control
    Toolbar. When I check the box on and off, I don't want to have a macro do
    anything at that time.

    Instead, I want to write a separate macro, that when I click the button will
    go and check the status of each of the checkboxes and then do something (such
    as print a sheet).

    In other words, this overall macro would run a "batch" and perform a print
    function based upon the state of each CheckBox.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening

    Put a piece of code like this in the buttons event procedure:

    Sub MyActions()
    If Checkbox1=True Then
    ' Put your action in here

    As long as this goes in the buttons event procedure control, the checkbox (in this case 1) will not be read until you click the button.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    tom
    Guest

    Re: Check Box Status

    Thanks, but I was really looking for the opposite.

    I don't need to do anything in the events procedure necessarily when the
    check box is activated.

    I am looking for a way in an external macro (driven from a button) to look
    at the status of each check box and then do something based upon the
    "condition" of the check box at the time that the external macro is executed.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks for the help.