Can the =CELL formula be used to determine the worksheet tab name.

  1. #1
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Can the =CELL formula be used to determine the worksheet tab name.

    Check out

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formu..._function.html

  3. #3
    zackb
    Guest

    Re: Can the =CELL formula be used to determine the worksheet tab name.

    You can also use a UDF for this. The CELL function has a known bug (not
    sure if MS fixed it or not); generally it will work just fine though. An
    example of a worskheet function (UDF) that will accomplish this canbe found
    here:

    http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=401

    Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    ajaworowicz
    Guest

    RE: Can the =CELL formula be used to determine the worksheet tab name.

    Did you ever get a specific answer to your question? I'm looking for the
    same info.

  5. #5
    I think you can use this:

    =MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename", A1))+ 1, 255)

  6. #6
    ajaworowicz

  7. #7
    ajaworowicz