Condional formatting

  1. #1

    Condional formatting

    I'm sure it's been asked before but can someone help me?

    I'm trying to add a conditional format

    if P2="x" then shade blue or if P2="y" then shade red

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    1. Select cell p2, go to format > conditional formatting.
    2. for 'cell value is', select equal to in the next drop-down, and enter x, select the required color by clicking on format, tab pattern
    3. Click on add and repeat above process for y

    Mangesh

  3. #3
    Sorry Manesh

    I should have aded that it is cell A2 that I'm formatting.

    So cell A2 should shade blue if P2=x or shade reds if P2=y

    not very good at explaining myself sorry

  4. #4
    In which case in conditional formatting use the drop down to seelct formula is and then p2=x and then select the blue format

    then do the same for option 2, with formula is =p2=y and then format red.

    Alastair

  5. #5
    Thanks Alastair

    works a treat