freeze cells

  1. #1

    freeze cells

    Hi,

    I've got a little problem with Excel. I have to protect some cells from changing its value. One little example: A1=2; A2=3; C1=A1*A2;

    Now we have C1=6. But if you change the value of A1 or A2, the value of C1 also changes. How can I freeze the Value? I have to do it by a macro, because there are lots of different cells to freeze.

  2. #2
    Darrin Henshaw
    Guest

    Re: freeze cells

    If the value of A1, and A2 are never to change, just protect them all.
    The only other way I can see is to somehow work in a paste special
    command, and just paste the value. I don't know if that would work for
    you.

  3. #3
    Helen Trim
    Guest

    RE: freeze cells

    This procedure does what you want for the activecell:

    Sub Freeze()
    ActiveCell.Formula = ActiveCell.Value

    Helen