need help with formula...

  1. #1

    need help with formula...

    Can someone help? This is a fairly simple question but beyond my knowledge

    I need to write a formula that looks at the total hrs in cell G8. If this total is greater than 5 hrs, the value of cell M is $8.00

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Ron Coderre's Avatar
    Boston, Massachusetts
    MS-Off Ver
    2013, 2016, O365
    Posts
    6,996
    =if(G8>5,8,g8)

    If you want to see a different value if G8 is less than or equal to 5, just change the second G8 reference.

    Does that help?

    Ron
    Last edited by Ron Coderre; 06-01-2005 at 10:10 AM.

  3. #3
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: need help with formula...

    You may need to elaborate on what format you are displaying hours in G8. If
    it is just whole numbers, then you could use something like:

    =IF(G8>5,8,FALSE)

    Format cell M to currency. You also need to set what the amount will be if
    G8 is not greater than 5. To do that, replace FALSE in the formula above,
    with the number you want.

    HTH,
    Paul

    "rvnwdr" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JR
    Guest

    RE: need help with formula...

    Do you want something in the cell if G8 is not greater than 5 hours? If not,
    use this =if(G8>5,8,""). If you wanted to enter $4 if the cell was less
    than 5 hours you would use =if(G8>5,8,4)

  5. #5
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: need help with formula...

    what do you want if G* is <=5? 0? Nothing?

    =IF(G8>5,8,0)
    =IF(G8>5,8,"")