trying to email .xla inside/with .xls

  1. #1

    trying to email .xla and .ini inside/with .xls

    I am using an add-in for excel that is not created by Microsoft. I can use it on my machine with no problem, but when I email the document the add-in doesn't go with it. Is there anyway I can encapsulate the .xla and .ini files inside a .xls file.
    On my machine I have got it to work by Tools/Add-ins/Browse then select file, I have also done to Tools/Options/General tab/then "at start up, open all files in:"
    Both ways work on my machine, but they won't save add-in.
    Any suggestions? I would like to be able to email the .xls file and have them use the add-in without have to load it seperately.
    -Joe
    Last edited by jrd269; 06-01-2005 at 03:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: trying to email .xla inside/with .xls

    Hi Joe

    No this is not possible
    The user must install the add-in

    You can also use macro's in your file
    See : http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    under which one of those links should I look for the macros?
    -Joe

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: trying to email .xla inside/with .xls

    > under which one of those links should I look for the macros?

    All <g>

    I don't know what you want to do so I can't tell you which one you need