Worksheet Tab Names

  1. #1

    Worksheet Tab Names

    I have a workbook that has a number of worksheets. I want to make sure
    that a user CAN NOT change the name of the worksheet. How can I
    achieve this?

    Thanks,
    Julia

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    London
    Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook.

    This can then be password protected.

    Not the most secure protection in the world, as there are a number of password crackers on the internet that can remove this password and therefore allow users to Unprotect the Workbook and then rename the sheet.

    This type of protection does prevent the day to day user of Excel altering the sheet name

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Tab Names

    One way:

    Tools/Protection/Protect Workbook

    However, a clever user (e.g., one who can find these newsgroups) can
    bypass any protection you put on the file in about a minute.

    Why do you want to prevent renaming? In most cases, workbooks can be
    designed to accommodate changing sheetnames.