Excel function problems

  1. #1

    Excel function problems

    I have a UDF that I created to calculate golf handicaps. The problem is when ever I close the spread sheet and reopend it all the cells that contain the function have #VALUE! in the cell, I have to double click on the cell to get it to calculate. This happens all the time. I had the formula in a macro and it did the same thing. It used to take in 2 parms, but I've removed them and it still does the same thing. How can I get this to work. I've since put it into a Excel addin and have added it to my spreadsheets, but it still doesn't help. some times when I step through the function it seams like it loops around a few times but then does end? could this be becasue I have this funciton in several cells on each sheet? If I break at the end of the function, when it stops and I hit F8, it goes back to the beginning? The results are correct, but I'm not sure why it loops through, and why I have to recalculate every time I reopend the spreadsheet? Thanks, for any help

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Excel function problems