name list

  1. #1
    Pong
    Guest

    name list

    Hi,

    I have a database and we would like to do some sorting. My data may looks
    like below

    Ron 1 3
    Jes 2 7
    Dan 3
    Raj 4 5
    Ali 5
    Lily 6 2

    I have data in column A, B & C. I would like to do a sorting to show the
    name on other worksheet HORIZONTALLY if both column B & C are bigger than 0.
    The result should like this

    Ron Jes Raj Lily

    Any idea?

  2. #2
    If you want to do it manually I suggest sorting by column B and then copy paste the list of names and then where you want them horizontal, you would right click PASTE SPECIAL. Select Transpose.

    No one likes manual work but it takes seconds to do.

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: name list

    See my ans to your later post

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  4. #4
    Pong
    Guest

    Re: name list

    Manually does not work for us. We have a database with 250 entries and
    column A are names of customers. Column B,C,D and E are greater than zero if
    they belong to that particular route (B,C,D,E each representing a driver)and
    column F is if they are taking particular items. Therefore, we want to
    summarize on a seperate sheets the names of customers that belong to that
    route and taking that particular item.

    Example:

    A B C D E F
    safeway 2
    albertson 3 1
    cooper 4 1
    ov 5 1
    iga 6
    7-11 7 1
    max 8 1
    chevron 9
    esso 10

    FINAL RESULT

    driver B max
    driver C albertson 7-11
    driver D cooper
    driver E ov

    I hope I was not too confusing.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Pong
    Guest

    Re: name list

    Manually won't work because we have approx 250 items and we need to summarize
    it by
    by 4 different routes.

    For example in column A we have customers and column B-E are the four routes
    and
    column F will be greater than zero idf they are taking particular item.
    We want to summarize horizontally the customers who have a value greater
    than zero
    in column F, by each driver.
    So our net result will be a list for each driver that will contain only the
    customers on his
    route that have a value gretaer than zero in column F

    Example:

    A B C D E F
    safeway 2
    albertson 3 1
    cooper 4 1
    ov 5 1
    iga 6
    7-11 7 1
    max 8 1
    chevron 9
    esso 10

    FINAL RESULT

    driver B max
    driver C albertson 7-11
    driver D cooper
    driver E ov

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: name list

    My response did not involve doing it manually. Did you see my answer in your
    later post?

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    "Pong" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Manually won't work because we have approx 250 items and we need to

    summarize
    > it by
    > by 4 different routes.
    >
    > For example in column A we have customers and column B-E are the four

    routes
    > and
    > column F will be greater than zero idf they are taking particular item.
    > We want to summarize horizontally the customers who have a value greater
    > than zero
    > in column F, by each driver.
    > So our net result will be a list for each driver that will contain only

    the
    > customers on his
    > route that have a value gretaer than zero in column F
    >
    > Example:
    >
    > A B C D E F
    > safeway 2
    > albertson 3 1