column changed from alpha to numeric

  1. #1
    maxzsim
    Guest

    column changed from alpha to numeric

    Hi ,

    i am using excel 97.

    the column heading used to be A , B , C etc.. now it has somehow been
    changed to 1 , 2 , 3 ... 256

    could anyone give me some idea how i can change it back ?

    tks & rdgs

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    Tools > Options > General
    Uncheck box for R1C1reference style

    Mangesh

  3. #3
    CoRrRan
    Guest

    Re: column changed from alpha to numeric

    Hello Maxzsim,

    Goto "Tools" --> "Option" --> tab "General" --> remove checkmark for "R1C1
    reference style".

    HTH,
    CoRrRan