Nested Countif

  1. #1

    Nested Countif

    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to nested countif's. I.e. Basically the following function

    =COUNTIF(O:O,NAME_OF_PERSON),COUNTIF(P:P,CALL_TYPE)

    Basically I work in a sales office and the sales staff can either make a prospect call, a customer call or a supplier call. I need to be able to see how many Prospect calls John Smith has made, customer calls etc..........

    Any help please would be greatly appreciated

    Wayne

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2016
    Posts
    1,474
    Try...

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(O1:O100="Person"),--(P1:P100="CallType"))

    If 'CallType' is a numerical value, remove the quotes. Also, note that SUMPRODUCT does not accept whole column references.

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Nested Countif

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(O1:O1000="person"),--(P1:P1000="call type"))

  4. #4
    Duke Carey

  5. #5
    Duke Carey