Forcing a font throughout

  1. #1

    Forcing a font throughout

    When I paste text from another source into my worksheet, it does not take on the font of the rest of the sheet. I have highlighted the entire sheet, by clicking the square between the "A" and "1", and applied the font I want through Format Cells, but that doesn't seem to work. How can I make outside text automatically take on the font of the rest of the sheet?

  2. #2

    Re: Forcing a font throughout

    What happens when you Paste Special|Text?

    (Or if it's just going into one cell, pasting directly into the formula bar.)

  3. #3
    It says the text is in HTML format. Is there a way to say that I always want to paste in plain text?

  4. #4

    Re: Forcing a font throughout

    Maybe opening Notepad and then pasting there first.

    Then copy from there and paste into excel???