Adding up Sums

  1. #1
    AlyG
    Guest

    Adding up Sums

    Hello.

    I am trying to add up cells that already have sum values in them. The
    formula looks like this:

    =B23 + B28

    Unfortunately, when I add these two cells together, the value I am getting
    is 0.
    B23 and B28 are cells that have formulas that look like this:

    B23
    =SUM(B2:B22)
    and
    B28
    =SUM(B25:B27)

    I don't understand why adding these two cells together are resulting in a
    value of zero
    B23

    HELP!!! I just upgraded to Office 2003, and this worked on my previous version

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    1. Check the format of the result cell.
    2. What are the values in the SUM cells, and what is your expected result.

    Mangesh

  3. #3
    AlyG
    Guest

    RE: Adding up Sums - Figured it out...

    Oops! I fixed it...somehow I made a mistake, and accidently figured it out.

    Whew! I was starting to worry about Microsoft!!!!

  4. #4
    AlyG
    Guest

    RE: Adding up Sums - Nevermind...Figured it Out!

    Oops! I fixed it...somehow I made a mistake, and accidently figured it out.

    Whew! I was starting to worry about Microsoft!!!!

    Thanks anyways for your concern! :-)