compound interest formula

  1. #1
    Ciara
    Guest

    compound interest formula

    hello,

    Ok, I have a material cost in cell A1 - todays date in A2, the date the
    material will be delivered in A3, and an inflation value in A4 (%per annum).

    I need a formula that will work out what the material will cost when the
    material is delivered.

    eg. costs £100 today at a rate of 5%per annum it will cost £105 next year
    and £110.25 in two years.

    All input values are in seperate cells and can vary. Also it will have to
    cope with fractions of a year.

    Any ideas?

    Ciara

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Try this:

    Set A2 and A3 to "Date" format.
    A5 = A1*(1+A4)^((VALUE(A3)-VALUE(A2))/365)

    Hope it helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciara

  3. #3
    Ciara
    Guest

    Re: compound interest formula

    say I want to do it between jan '04 and jan'05 - this counts as 1 year for me
    but has 366 day - how can i account for a leap year?

  4. #4
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: compound interest formula

    Try the YearFrac worksheet function. You need to enable the analysis toolpak

    Mangesh

    news:[email protected]...