Copying Formula Text

  1. #1

    Copying Formula Text

    Is it possible to copy and paste just the text of a formula from one cell to another without going into the formula text window and using Ctrl+c. Can this be done from multiple cells to multple cells. thanks.

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Copying Formula Text

    edit/copy
    select new location
    edit/paste special, select Values.

    OR...
    Right-click the BORDER of the selection and drag to the new location. When
    you let go, you'll see a dialog in which you can select "Copy here as values
    only."

    Enjoy.
    FYI:
    I'm leading a FREE 1-hour online Webinar on Excel Tips & Tricks on
    June 15, 4-5PM. If interested, go to http://www.iil.com, click on the
    yellow/orange
    "Try a free webinar" link on the left side, click the Microsoft Excel
    Tips & Tricks link, follow instructions to register.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Copying Formula Text

    I assume when you say you want the formula text, you want to be able to copy
    the formula and not just the result.

    If you just select the cell, copy, select the target cell and paste, What
    is it you do not like about the result?
    The formulas may need to be modified for absolute and relative referencing
    to get what you want.