vlookup or another function?

  1. #1

    vlookup or another function?

    Hello all,
    Here's my problem. I have 2 worksheets.
    The first worksheet contains 6 columns with 77 rows each of data that will increase at some point. Column A on that worksheet is what the rest of the data is referenced to.
    The second worksheet is setup with 'name define' in cell I4 to scroll through the data in column A (A2-A77)of worksheet 1.
    The question is: how do I populate the other 5 fields in worksheet 2 when I use the 'name define' to pick the data?.
    Here's the breakdown of the cells I'm working with:

    worksheet 1 worksheet 2

    A2-A77 is the data for cell I4
    B2-B77 -------------------> R3
    C2-C77 -------------------> C6
    D2-D77 -------------------> O3
    E2-E77 -------------------> J6
    F2-F77 -------------------> D4

    Thanks for the help

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: vlookup or another function?

    I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are asking.
    What is it that you have in Cell I4 in Sheet 2?
    How does it scroll through the data in A2:A77 in Sheet1
    When you say 'name define', what do you mean?
    are you naming the range?

  3. #3
    What is it that you have in Cell I4 in Sheet 2?
    How does it scroll through the data in A2:A77 in Sheet1
    When you say 'name define', what do you mean?

    The data in cell I4 in sheet 2 uses the name define( see insert/name/define) to scroll through a range of cells in the first sheet, which are currently A2 through A77, and pick the data rather than typing it in.

    Thanks
    cjl