Formatting Plot Area

  1. #1

    Formatting Plot Area

    I have a line graph with data that corresponds to dates. I want to format the plot area so that the fill color is different depending on the dates.

    For instance 5/15 - 6/20 fill color light gray. For dates 6/21 - 6/30 fill color peach and for dates 7/1-7/30 fill color blue.

    I can't seem to figure out if it is possible to do this. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it!

    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Formatting Plot Area

    Perhaps you can modify the stacked area chart technique in this tutorial:

    You need three series, one for each color. The values for each are full
    scale within its time range and zero elsewhere.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    John -

    Thanks for your help! I will give it a try.

    -Joe