How to resize Data Form dialog window?

  1. #1

    How to resize Data Form dialog window?

    On a friend's computer today, I created a small "database" (list of names/addresses) with a header row (in Excel 2002). I wanted to show her the Data/Form feature for quick entry. The "Sheet 1" dialog window opened as usual and I entered a couple of records for demonstration and then closed the Form. What would have triggered the following situation, I do not know, but the next time I clicked Data/Form, the dialog window completely filled the screen. Only by dragging the window by placing the cursor arrow in the top border did the right side contents of the window come into view (the buttons for New/Restore/Prev/etc.). Although the window had the usual large X at the top-right corner to close it, I could not otherwise reduce the size of this window. The practicality of using the Data/Form was essentially made neglible since the entry fields were out of view to the left if the buttons were in view, and visa versa.

    On my Excel 2003 (note, a newer version) at home, I have tried to recreate the above situation to no avail.

    What to do to restore the Data/Form quick entry window to a reasonable size?

    Thank you.

  2. #2

    Re: How to resize Data Form dialog window?

    I think when I used xl2002 and win98, I could open excel and then change the
    settings of the display (windows start button|settings|control panel|display
    applet) and excel would have to be restarted for it to notice the change in
    settings. (So some of the data|form dialog could be off the screen.)

    But with xl2003 and winXP, excel noticed the windows setting change when I
    closed the data|form dialog and reopened the data|form dialog.

    Were you playing with the windows setting?

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

  6. #6