Vlookup with to parameters

  1. #1
    Amnon Wilensky
    Guest

    Vlookup with to parameters

    Hi

    I am trying to find a value in a table by using two parameters as shown in
    the table below:

    Diameter Height price

    100 30 150

    100 60 250

    100 100 350

    125 30 400

    125 60 500

    125 100 600

    In A12 I want to input the diameter

    In A13 the input the height

    In A14 to have the result

    Example:

    A12=80

    A13=100

    A14 (the result) will give "300"

    I tried to use Vlookup combine with Index and match without success.

    Any help?

    Thanks,

    Amnon

    There is a solution!"

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256
    Try this:

    =INDEX(C2:C10,MATCH(A12&CHAR(1)&A13,A2:A10&CHAR(1)&B2:B10,0))
    Confirm the formula by holding down Ctrl and Shift, then hit Enter. (It's an Array formula.)

    Hope it helped
    Ola Sandström

    Example:
    http://www.*****-blog.com/archives/c...eet-functions/

  3. #3
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup with to parameters

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:54:14 +0300, "Amnon Wilensky" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am trying to find a value in a table by using two parameters as shown in
    >the table below:
    >
    >Diameter Height price

    >100 30 150
    >
    >100 60 250
    >
    >100 100 350
    >
    >125 30 400
    >
    >125 60 500
    >
    >125 100 600
    >

    >In A12 I want to input the diameter
    >
    >In A13 the input the height
    >
    >In A14 to have the result
    >
    >Example:
    >
    >A12=80
    >
    >A13=100
    >
    >A14 (the result) will give "300"
    >
    >I tried to use Vlookup combine with Index and match without success.
    >
    >Any help?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Amnon

    If the columns of your table are NAME'd Diameter, Height and Price, then:

    =SUMPRODUCT((A12=Diameter)*(A13=Height)*Price)

    will give you the result. However, it will return a "0" if the matches are not
    exact. What do you want to do in that instance?

    --ron

  4. #4
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup with to parameters

    Try...

    =INDEX(C2:C10,MATCH(1,(A2:A10=A12)*(B2:B10=A13),0))

    ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

    Hope this helps!

    In article <[email protected]>,