Linking the data from one excel to another

  1. #1
    mrbalaje
    Guest

    Linking the data from one excel to another

    Suppose i have two excel named "Reference Sheet" and "Data Sheet".

    And I am entering my day to day datas in the excel "Data Sheet" in cell
    A1-A25 line by line and data by data.

    I want the same data which I entered in "Data sheet" in the "Reference
    sheet" without i manual entering the data in it.

    Eg: Data in Cell A4 of "Data Sheet" should be populated in Cell A4 of
    "Reference Sheet".

    Please help me how to link one excel datas with an another excel.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Goo morning MrBalaje

    This formula will do the trick:

    =ReferenceSheet!A4

    To link one sheet with another, press "=" and then navigate to the cell / sheet you want to link to, and press enter. When you copy the rows down, the cell ranges will change automatically.

    To copy a large range of cells try this:

    eg., from cell range A1:E100, destination sheet highlight this range and press "=", then go to your source sheet and highlight the same range, but instead of pressing enter, press ctrl + shift + enter. This will set up an array of this range will update as your source changes.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Linking the data from one excel to another

    in reference sheet cell A1 type
    =datasheet!A1 and hit enter
    copy referencesheet A1 down upto A25
    initially it will all be 0

    now as you enter data in datasheet a1 down the cells in referencesheet from
    a1 will be filled.

    may threre is a better solution.

    news:[email protected]...