Decimal Subtractraction

  1. #1
    Steved
    Guest

    Decimal Subtractraction

    Hello from Steved

    7.58 from 8.15 is 17 minutes
    12.55 from 1.15 is 20 minutes

    Could I please have a formula for the above please.

    Thankyou.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Decimal Subtractraction

    Will 1.15 *always* be 1:15 PM? Will 8:15 always be 17 minutes after
    7.58, or might it sometimes by 737 minutes?

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    presuming you enter 1:15 as 1:15 pm, simply subtract the first from the second and format as time. If you want the result as an integer 17, then multiply the above result with 1440 which is nothing but 24*60

    Mangesh

  4. #4
    Pank
    Guest

    RE: Decimal Subtractraction

    Steved

    Assume that the first time (i.e. 7:58 and 12:55) is is A1,A2 and the end
    times are in B1, B2.

    Firstly format the columns to be TIME and in a 24 hour clock format.

    Then in C1 enter =b1-a1. Then either copy the formula down as far as you
    want or use the FILL handle to copy down.

    HTH

    Pank

  5. #5
    Steved