How to Blink a cell in Excel if negative or red colour

  1. #1
    garygadget
    Guest

    How to Blink a cell in Excel if negative or red colour

    Is it possible to make cells that become negative on calculation or red in
    colour to Blink.

    I have a summary sheet that totals calculates from several others. The cells
    turn negative and red when calculating a deficit.

    I would also like them to blink
    Please advise in not to tech terms how I may achieve this.

    Many thanks
    garyB

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    2003 Excel
    Gary, from previous posts on this topic, you may find this will help you out,

    http://snipurl.com/cpo7

    HTH.
    Greg.

    "The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against whacking them around a bit."

  3. #3
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: How to Blink a cell in Excel if negative or red colour

    How about using conditional formatting for this one. Blinking can cause
    issues for epileptics (as I recently was told). Go to format -> Conditional
    formatting when you've selected the cell you want to format.