Can any one suggest code/formula for finding the CAGR

  1. #1
    srinivasan
    Guest

    Can any one suggest code/formula for finding the CAGR

    Can any one suggest a formula/code to work out the CAGR(Compounded Annual
    Growth Rate)

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Can any one suggest code/formula for finding the CAGR

    Look in HELP for the RATE() function

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    India
    Posts
    1,066
    maybe if you give your data and the expected answer, someone could help you get the CAGR

    Mangesh

  4. #4
    srinivasan

    "srinivasan" wrote:

    > Can any one suggest a formula/code to work out the CAGR(Compounded Annual
    > Growth Rate)

    I am sorry. The rate function will not work for this. The formula for the
    function would look like this.
    =(J7/F7)^(1/4 )-1 (NUMBER 4 REPRESENTS FOR the count of columns from J
    column to F column excluding J column)
    I would be happy if some one suggests a custom code for a formula named CAGR

  5. #5
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: Can any one suggest code/formula for finding the CAGR

    Hi Srinivasan

    What your formula is doing is basically, taking the first value (or PV), and
    the last value (FV), and then from the total range, you want to calculate
    the number of years i.e. from F7 to J7 it is 4 to calculate the annual rate.

    You can use the rate function as follows:
    =RATE(COUNT(F7:J7)-1,0,-F7,J7)

    Mangesh