Printing one column

  1. #1

    Printing one column

    I have an Excel document that has 5 columns and 336 rows that ends up being 30+ pages when printed. However, I only need to print column A. Is there a way that I can print column A without being on the 30+ pages by having all of the column A's stack next to one another on the same page. I realize I will only get 7-8 'column A's' on the same page, but 8 or so pages is better than 30+. Said another way is it possible for me to...

    - move column A from page 2 into column B on page 1
    - move column A from page 3 into column C on page 1
    ...and so on

    I do realize this can be accomplished by copying and pasting; but I can't imagine I am the first person that has ever needed to do this. I am looking for a more automated way to accomplish this.

    Thank you,
    TheoryThree

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: Printing one column

    AFAIK the only other option to copy & paste is to create formulas in another
    location that refer to the respective sections of column A & set that as your
    print area. Probably just as much trouble, though.

    Regards |:>)

  3. #3

    Re: Printing one column

    Can you copy column A and paste into MSWord.

    You can use format|columns to make it look pretty.