Getting Excel to treat merged cells as one cell when printing

  1. #1

    Getting Excel to treat merged cells as one cell when printing

    I have a table in which the cells in the first column are actually comprised of two merged cells. The rest of the columns are unmerged.

    It looks something like the following:

    | . Some data . |_____Yes_____|_____Yes_____|_____No_____|
    |____in here____|_____655_____|_____212_____|_____17_____|

    The table is several pages long. When I print it out, Excel treats the merged rows in the first column as if they are separate. This results in the merged rows being divided across pages.

    My example above would be printed as "Some data" at the bottom of one page and "in here" printed at the top of the next page. I want Excel to treat the merged cells as one cell and if the whole thing doesn't fit at the bottom of a page to push the whole thing to the top of the next page.

    The table is rather large and the data in it will be changing, so I don't want to go in and manually set every page break. Does anyone know how I can achieve what I want?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Getting Excel to treat merged cells as one cell when printing

    Go to File-->Page setup-->Sheet tab. Click the button at the end of the Rows
    to repeat at top box, and select your two rows.
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...