How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?

  1. #1
    Gldenboy2
    Guest

    How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?

    I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it
    returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that
    it returns Yes for checked and No for unchecked. How can I make this happen

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening Gldenboy2

    As far as I know you can't - not directly anyway - as the checkbox is usually a boolean value, (unless you specify it as a triple state, in which case it can have a null value) which means it's value is true or false, but 1 and 0 will be accepted through programming, but not Yes and No.

    If it's that important to you, a workaround is to use the cell linked to the control as a "helper" cell and keep it hidden (in this example, A1). In B1 put this formula:

    =IF(A1=FALSE,"No","Yes")

    This will toggle between yes and no as the control is de/selected.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3

    Re: How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?

    You mean Checkboxes?

    You can use a helper cell:

    =if(a1=true,"Yes","No")

    Then hide that linkedcell (if you want).