Need help with printing Excel document

  1. #1
    jody mullis via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Need help with printing Excel document

    I want to print it out exactly as it looks on the screen. With all the cells
    and rows visable.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Need help with printing Excel document

    Highlight all the cells you wish to see printed out. Then do File >
    PrintArea > SetPrintArea...........then do File > PrintPreview.......what
    you see is what will print out, assuming you have the correct print drivers
    and margins set etc.........

    If it still don't work, post back with more details.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Need help with printing Excel document

    What CLR wrote is true BUT only if you don't have too much information to
    fit onto a page. If you have more than will 'naturally' fit into a page
    you'll have to get up to a few neat tricks. It is possible to put in page
    breaks to ensure breaks at 'convenient points. But let's assume, for the
    moment that you want everything to go onto a single page.

    Trick one (and a good habit to get into anyway): Make sure that column
    widths are the minimum possible. This is a god thing to do anyway as it
    reduces white space and makes information easier to read. Wrapping some
    columns so that a line is extended into two or so increases the space
    required vertically and reduces the space required horizontally.

    Trick two: Reduce the font size. Reducing the font size by just 0.5 is,
    more-or-less, imperceptible to the ***** eye but may be just enough to
    squeeze information into a page.

    Trick three: Reduce the margins. Again, depending on the amount of space
    required a slight change may be just enough.

    Trick four: Print in landscape instead of portrait.

    You may have to use some or all of these tricks.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    jody mullis via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Need help with printing Excel document

    I tried what you suggested, but the cells and lines dont show up. Just the
    text in rows minus boxes and lines. I am trying to write up a inventory sheet
    for powder coating supplies at work and need the lines and boxes visable. You
    say I might not have the right drivers? Which ones would I need? I have a HP
    psc 1110 all in one printer. Should I look for specific drivers for this?

  5. #5
    You may have the right driver. However, you may need to select 'Print Graphics' in the print preferences.

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Need help with printing Excel document

    File > PageSetup > SheetTab > then under the "Print" section, make sure the
    "Gridlines" box is checked...........

  7. #7
    jody mullis via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Need help with printing Excel document

    Thanks a lot guys, I got it to work. You guys are the best!