Character Search.

  1. #1

    Character Search.

    I am new to working with excel functions, and I have what is probably a simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer.

    Say in cell F2 I have:

    TBA TBA T 9:30AM

    The "T" after the second TBA is considered the 9th character? How could I make an equation in one cell that would yield the 9th character in another cell?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    =mid(b2,9,1)

    will get ninth charecter from cell b2

  3. #3

    Re: Character Search.

    =mid(f2,9,1)

    There are other string functions that you may like, too.

    Look in Excel's help for =left(), =right()

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Character Search.

    =MID(B1,C1,1) will return whatever number of character is in C1.........if
    9, then the 9th character from the left.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "brookdale" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...